Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
About the Position:
We are seeking an organized and detail-oriented procurement officer to handle purchasing and procurement activities in line with due diligence and price intelligence. As the Procurement Officer, you will play a pivotal role in securing high-quality and cost-effective supplies for the organization.
- Following procurement procedures to ensure that all purchases are compliant with the organization’s policies and regulations.
- Maintaining an updated list of current and incoming stock to ensure that the right supplies are on hand to meet the organization’s needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify the organization’s needs for goods and services.
- Proactively source new suppliers and negotiate contracts to secure the best possible prices.
- Approve purchases and ensure that all invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage the entire procurement process, from start to finish, including issuing purchase orders, tracking deliveries, and ensuring that invoices are paid on time.
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures to ensure that the procurement process is efficient and effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or a related field; a relevant Master’s degree is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of procurement laws and market analysis.
- At least 3 years experience in procurement or a similar position
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023