Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Project Officer I
About the Position:
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Project Officer I with a focus on Health to join our team. As the Project Officer I, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of health-related projects and initiatives to improve the well-being of our target beneficiaries.
- Develop and implement health programs that align with HUWIB’s mission and objectives.
- Conduct needs assessments and research to identify health challenges and priority areas.
- Collaborate with health professionals, community leaders, and stakeholders to design effective interventions.
- Monitor the progress and impact of health projects, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to budget.
- Coordinate health awareness campaigns and training workshops for the community.
- Facilitate the distribution of health resources and supplies to beneficiaries.
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports to management and donors.
- Ensure compliance with health regulations and standards in all initiatives.
- Participate in data collection and analysis to inform evidence-based decision-making.
- Engage in advocacy efforts to promote health equity and access to quality healthcare.
- Other relevant responsibilities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, or a related field.
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of health programs, preferably in a nonprofit or community-based setting.
- Knowledge of health issues affecting vulnerable populations and under-served communities.
- Familiarity with public health strategies, data collection, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel to project sites when necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite or other similar data management software is a plus.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a related field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023